- Monika Zlobinska
- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
Our client is a seasonal horticultural business which is at full capacity from February through to August selling and dispatching orders to their customers. From September to January the reduced flow of orders enables them to prepare for the new season, developing their product range and growing the business through customer contact and exhibitions.
To support the nursery manager by taking responsibility for many aspects of running the nursery site, from goods in to care of plants and final dispatch of the orders.
- NEST Pension scheme: Details to be discussed after 3-month probationary period.
- Standard Life Health Care Cover: Optional, via salary sacrifice. Details to be discussed after 3-month probationary period.
Hours of work:
Paid lunch break 12pm – 1pm (Times may vary subject to the requirements of the business)
Measures of success:
- Accurate stock checking of tree ferns
- Efficient goods in and goods out operation
- Customer satisfaction on all parcel dispatches
- Tidy nursery and healthy plants
Strong physical fitness is essential as this role involves daily movement and loading of heavy plants. Some horticultural knowledge is desirable. A proactive, reliable, accurate and enthusiastic person is required; who is able to work unsupervised using their initiative to ensure the nursery runs efficiently.
- Assisting with unload of containers – including management of casual labourers either in the nursery or inside the container.
- Completing post-unload stock check using sheets provided.
- Tracking and maintaining Bamboo Control System stock and ensuring supply
- Caring for Wollemi Pines and working with Nursery Manager to manage stock according to growth plans.
- Checking TFF bottles for leakage/expansion prior to sending.
- Caring for potted 2ltr ferns and highlighting problem plants to the Nursery Manager.
- Ensuring plants are watered, according to the weekly watering plan.
- Quality control of plants for dispatch.
- Completing stock check and quality control before and after container delivery.
- Monitoring of waste on premises, removal to outdoor storage where required.
- Full clean and weeding of a section of the greenhouse each week as per the weeding/cleaning rota.
- Reporting of maintenance issues, completion of maintenance tasks.
- Independent loading of pallets for dispatch.
- Preparation of required paperwork for dispatch.
- Wrapping of pallets, including attached address labels and delivery notes.
Mayday Employment is a recruitment agency based in Banbury. We have temporary, permanent and contract industrial jobs in Banbury and the surrounding area with both full time and part time positions available. If you are looking for production, manufacturing, warehouse, forklift truck or labouring, give your local recruitment agency a call to see if we have the job you are looking for.
If you meet all of these requirements and would like to apply for the role, or would just like some information then please get in to contact with Carla.