- 01295 266 288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
- Assist the GM in efficiently running the front of house operation – ensuring that staff standards, customer service standards, restaurant appearance and quality of food and drink are maintained and improved.
- Manage, train and nurture the FOH team.
- Maintain effective, honest and open communication with the Head Chef and the kitchen team.
- To promote a positive attitude and team ethos, including ‘lead by example’ – setting the pace and standards and encouraging mutual respect
- Attention to detail – managing cleanliness and making sure the pub is looking beautiful, looked after and well-loved at all times.
- Assist the GM in recruiting floor staff and help ensure the induction of staff is carried out efficiently.
- Assist with staff training on: service, food and drinks knowledge, health and safety – help to organise weekly training
- Use the Free Spirit Training/FOH manual to train staff and to instil company values
- Ensure all staff are kept updated in regards to weekly happenings/events and any changes that may take place.
- Ensure all staff are dressed correctly and are neat and tidy at all times/turning up to work at least 5 minutes before they are due to start their shift.
Restaurant /General Admin
- Take reservations (room bookings and restaurant bookings)
- Keep updated all necessary systems – rubbish collection, laundry etc
- Update tills as and when necessary, making sure they stay tidy and organised
- Cashing up at the end of the evening and assisting in the GM in keeping weekly financials in check
- Assist the GM in helping to keep wage costs in line/maintaining good GPs – both on the bar and in the kitchen
- Staying on top of attention to detail in the restaurant and making sure there is consistency amongst the staff when it comes to service points
- Plenty of communication with Head Chef in regards to any menu changes/shortages
- Conduct daily briefings before lunch/dinner service to ensure service runs as smoothly as possible
Your performance will be judged on the following criteria:
- Service being run smoothly/in an organised fashion
- Repeat custom and positive feedback from customers
- The restaurant appearance being clean, tidy and well presented.
- Helping the GM to create a team of knowledgeable, friendly and efficient staff, enjoying low turnover
- Administration being carried out efficiently and within correct timeframes