- The Mayday Team
- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
To oversee and lead the CNC operators and make sure that the accurate setting and operating of the CNC machines to enable the manufacture of component parts to drawing in line with production schedules.
- Set and operate of CNC Machines
- Communicating any problems as early as possible to production supervisor
- Manage workload between operators
- Attend daily production meeting
- Responsible for machine productivity and output
- General operations in machine shop, this could also include operation of conventional machines
- Keeping work area clean and tidy
- In addition to the above, fulfil any other reasonable requirement consistent with departmental objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Setting and operating CNC Mill, Lathe or both
- Leadership skills
- Working within a similar environment
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Operating to tight deadlines
- Ability to work multiple machines at once
- Time served or minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience on DMG Mori machines
- Ability to attend work regularly and punctually.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be self-motivated
- Methodical and precise.
- Being flexible and positive in your approach
- Flexibility to work shift patterns
- Working week – 38 hrs
- Mon- Thurs – 8.00am – 4.45pm – ( 4 hours morning – Lunch ½ hr – 4.15 hrs afternoon)
- Friday 8-1pm ( 5 hrs )
- Facial recognition clocking-in system ( GDPR regulated )
- Permanent overtime rate – – 1.3 hr pay on weekdays / 1.5 hr pay on Sat / 2 hr pay – Sun