- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
Mayday Professionals is delighted to partner with an innovative and vibrant cosmetics manufacturer in Daventry to find their new Cosmetic Chemist.
Our client is involved at the sharp end of hair care and hair styling manufacturing and is looking for relevant degree-qualified applicants to provide fresh impetus in key growth areas.
This predominantly desk-based role will place you in the heart of the company’s well-oiled and manufacturing facility in Daventry, and will play a vital role in formula development, QC testing, PIF compilation and the updating and streamlining of the company’s regulatory and compliance policies.
This exciting role will provide you with tremendous scope to learn and develop, but also to provide your expert opinion in shaping and smoothing out internal processes and the ability to assist in the development of new products.
Who would we like to speak to?
We are seeking degree-qualified Cosmetic Chemists with a minimum of 1-2 year’s work experience working (ideally) within a larger cosmetics company and involved in the day-to-day processes outlined above. We want to hear from Chemists who are seeking more autonomy and a louder voice in their respective field. If you’re hungry, ambitious, innovative and creative we want to hear from you – this role will provide you all of
- Possession of suitable Cosmetic Chemist qualifications – ideally a University degree.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience on cosmetic formulation development and QC testing, ideally from a large, established cosmetics company.
- Preferably professional experience derived in hair care/styling.
- Possess knowledge of GMP environment and good administrative/housekeeping qualities.
- A familiarity with relevant industry EU Directives (ECR) and ISO standards (ISO 22716).
- Excellent knowledge of cosmetic regulation and product testing procedure.
Duties include (but not limited to)
- To outsource products for technical testing, compilation of reports and produce SDS and PIFs.
- To assist in the sourcing and procurement of raw materials.
- To work alongside existing customers and new enquiries to help improve and develop formulations based on particular briefs
- Participate in effectively rolling out product development up-scaling to full production.
- QC testing of finished products, keeping up-to-date records of all testing and lab books.
- Keep up to date on market trends and new product innovation.
- To take a lead on all compliance and regulatory matters, making suggestions for improvements with the management where necessary.
- To take an active lead in the documentation and digital filing of all process-related procedure and paperwork.
What’s on offer?
- A basic salary of up to £25,000.
- A company contributory stakeholder pension scheme.
- A real opportunity to learn a new and expanding industry with great career prospects.
- Working hours of Mon-Thurs, 08:30-17:00, and 07:00-15:00 on Fridays.
If you have read this job description and would like to apply, please send an up to date technical CV to email@example.com. For more information, please call 01295 266288 and speak to Matt. I can’t wait to speak to you and for you to tell me why I should be putting you forward for this role!