- Matt Naish
- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
We have partnered with an innovative engineering firm in Banbury who are seeking their next Design Engineer. Our partner are suppliers of bespoke conveyors, compactors and silo tanks, mainly for water and waste industries.
As the Design Engineer, you would be responsible for producing general arrangements, detailed designs & manufacturing drawings for multiple contracts. The Design Engineer would be self-motivated and experienced in the use of Autodesk Inventor & AutoCAD to produce designs, and would work in conjunction with the existing Design & Project Teams.
This is a role that is suited to someone with an engineering background with a minimum of 3-5 years design experience, with a highly proficient working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor & AutoCAD.
Duties include (but not limited to)
- Maintain drawing files and records throughout the duration of contracts using Autodesk Vault.
- Generate new product designs and modifying existing designs for customers.
- Preparation of 2D manufacturing drawings from 3D models for both standard items and bespoke fabrications.
- Produce designs that take full regard of all current health and safety requirements.
- Produce general arrangement drawings that incorporate accepted standards of operability, maintainability and that meet health and safety requirements.
- Ability to work from site surveys and existing client drawings to produce 3D – layouts in Inventor and detailed component drawings as required.
- Report problems and deficiencies in the design process.
You will be/have
- Ideally degree-educated in an Engineering discipline.
- Possess a minimum of 3 year’s experience using AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor professionally.
- A comprehensive knowledge of engineering design principles with an ability to interpret working drawings.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- An ability to maintain a tidy work environment and interact with other members.
- Experience of FEA and in using Navisworks or a similar 3D modelling software package will be an advantageous.
- Design knowledge related to the production of steel/metal fabricated products and/or heavy steelwork supports and structures is highly desirable.
What’s on offer?
- A salary of up to £39,000.
- A generous stakeholder pension scheme.
- A fantastic opportunity to train, develop and grow your career.
If you have read this job description and would like to apply, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call 01295 266288 and speak to Matt. I look forward to hearing from you!