- The Mayday Team
- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
For over 10 years, our client has produced cutting edge events and congresses for the Life Sciences Industry, annually bringing together thousands of industry leaders and solution providers at a senior level, creating the opportunity to partner, network and knowledge share.
Offices are located with shops and restaurants within walking distance and easy access into Oxford City Centre.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build long term business relationships with your clients, and effectively engage with potential event attendees and our members on a global scale. From performing research on potential delegates, to selling individual event attendance as well as membership offering and then meeting with your contacts at various in-person and digital events, this is a varied role within a friendly and supportive team. Whilst no scientific qualifications are required, applicants would be expected to show a strong desire to succeed in a sales environment and should be able to network and client-manage effectively. This role provides a great opportunity for career development in a fast-growing company with potential to accelerate within product or team management responsibilities.
- Researching potential event attendees (online and in-person events) as well as identifying prospects for their membership offering
- Pre-qualifying leads using the company database
- Contacting existing clients to gather feedback and to develop new business opportunities
- Working with marketing to follow up on outside enquiries via email, phone and video meetings
- Building network using social media, and forming templates for email campaigns
- Regular strategy meetings to discuss campaign progress, using attendee feedback
- Attending events to meet with attendees and provide a quality service
- Working with the CRM system to update records
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to learn and contribute to the success of a team
- Ambition and drive, and a desire to learn fast and hit challenges head on
Benefits of this role:
- Basic salary basic from £20,000-23,000 PA
- Earn uncapped commission on every deal you make (minimum £4,000+ expected for year 1)
- Remote and flexible working (after successfully completing set probation period)
- Opportunities to attend and manage the events that you sell
- Great opportunities to progress (previous candidates have moved into Portfolio Director, Senior Sales and Sponsorship Sales positions)
- Gym membership
- Pension scheme
- Regular social events