- Monika Zlobinska
- 01295 266 288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
Our Client based in Bicester is looking for a Factory Quality Technician for a full-time position.
Scope of Role
To complete all testing required on finished products in accordance with the agreed specification.
To ensure food safety and quality agreed standards are met.
To work with Shift Managers, Team Leaders, and Supervisors to drive continuous improvement in the production areas.
To provide all required technical support to enable operational areas of manufacture to meet food safety and quality agreed standards.
Key and Responsibilities
- To ensure there are measurable and quantifiable testing parameters for all finished products that is appropriate to the customer’s requirements
- To complete all tests as required on finished products and raw materials using agreed documented methods and procedures. To keep retention samples and to report any out of specification results to NPD & Quality Systems Manager for further review
- To follow the sampling schedule for all raw materials, finished product, swabs, and water testing, including end-of-life testing ensuring that all schedules are adhered to. To arrange lab collections when needed and manage samples collection and delivery to be sent to the laboratory
- To complete GMP audits and drive high standards of GMP within the area of responsibility, ensuring close out of any issues relating to GMP or audit failures. Continue to monitor performance to ensure sustainable corrective action. Significant shortfalls in areas likely to compromise food safety integrity to be highlighted to the Technical Manager and Quality Systems Manager
- To generate hold, scrap, and rework labels as required ensuring that any accompanying transactions and comments on the Tropos software are completed
- To work with other departments, such as operations in investigating failures, assist in problem-solving, and promote ideas for sustainable solutions. To establish good co-operative internal relationships with relevant departments/colleagues
- Record all process deviations and non-conforming products by raising non-conformances, concession, hold notes, and supplier non-conformances and follow through for proper corrective actions. All process deviation and non-conforming products must be recorded on the relevant logs
- To create and send certificates of analysis for the finished product for those customers required
- To establish good co-operative internal relationships with relevant departments/colleagues
- To ensure that sufficient consumables are available at all times to complete the testing required
- Support all trials carried out online, contributing towards setting appropriate quality standards and the QAS
- Ensure effective handover among the rest members of the Quality department
- To complete weekly and monthly glass audits
- Communication skills – for confident and professional liaison with internal customers
- Influencing and negotiation skills to bring about change and the right-first-time approach
- Determination to see a task through to the end, and challenge barriers.
- Self-motivated and responsible for time management
- A users knowledge of standard software systems
- Level 2 Food Safety
If you’re interested in this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 01295 266 288