- The Mayday Team
- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
Our busy client based in Banbury is looking for a Goods Out Supervisor on a temp to perm basis to start as soon as possible on the day shift, Mon-Fri, 8.00-16.00. The company is a well known warehouse, established on the UK market for more than 26 years on several sites and with the vision of providing customers with market-leading fast-moving consumer goods, by being the trusted manufacturer and distribution partner.
Reporting To: Warehouse Manager
Responsible For: Supervision of Picking team, Goods out stock controllers, Picking Team Leaders, Marshalling Ops, Export Ops.
Job Purpose: To supervise the goods out operations to ensure orders are picked and ready for dispatch in line with collection schedule for on time delivery to customers. Releasing of work through WMS to ensure workforce is optimised in line with productivity targets. Maximising availability of stock for dispatch by reviewing add-ons and bulk pallets. Meeting specific customer and quality requirements. Monitor and maintain housekeeping standards. Ensuring all personnel within the Warehouse behave in a manner so as not to put themselves or others at any kind of Health & Safety risk by promoting and safe working at all times
- Supervision of Picking and Goods out teams
- Setting up & numbering of load lanes in the Marshalling Area
- Bulking up orders.
- Passing pallet counts to Transport Dept.
- Control of materials for operation, wrap, pallet tops, empty pallets
- Reworking orders where required to minimise cost including inverting pallets
- Ensure all activities relating the medicines and medical devices are in accordance with good distribution practice of medicinal products
- Ensuring pallets are bulked up to reduce transport costs
- Confirm number of pallets and lifts involved when order picking is completed.
- Additional customer labelling and paperwork requirements are adhered to
- Health & Safety Induction
- Quality Management Induction
- Good level of Maths and English to GCSE level.
- Basic level of computer Literacy including a working knowledge of WMS
- PPT licences
- Must have previous experience of working within a warehouse / production environment
- Must be familiar with warehouse management systems
- Must be familiar with the mechanics and operations of warehouse machinery
- Must have worked with quality systems and procedures.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Self-motivation and the ability to be flexible to change.
- Prioritising & time management skills
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organisation.
- The ability to delegate effectively to others and motivate teams of people. Awareness of responsibilities to be fair and equitable, non-discriminatory, and to actively promote a safe working environment
- Working knowledge of stock management best practice and handling in a warehousing environment including handling of dangerous goods and MHRA GDP requirements.
If you want to be part of this great company and you’ve got relevant experience, please get in touch with us asap.