Service Engineer and Warehouse Operative
Addex Group is a market leader in the provision of industrial tools and machinery for dust management, street cleaning and construction applications. As part of their growth plans, they are opening a brand new Banbury facility and have engaged us exclusively to seek a skilled and practically-minded Service Engineer and Warehouse person to assist in growing the new facility’s overall operations.
Based on-site in the Banbury warehouse, this exciting and rewarding opportunity with a growing company will require candidates with mechanical experience and a good general knowledge of motors and a basic competency in electrical and mechanical fault finding.
The main thrust of the role will involve the receiving and processing of faulty customer returns, and inspecting and repairing them. The typical machinery that you will come into contact with will be power drills, saws and vacuums. As the facility is new, there will a requirement to be involved across a broad range of the business function, including warehousing, picking and packing and customer service duties. This multi-faceted opportunity will attract someone who is used to being involved across a varied job description and seeks variety. No two days will be the same!
Duties Include: (But not Iimited to)
As an In-House Service Engineer & Warehouse Operative you will typically:
- Process returned customer units for servicing and repair.
- Conduct diagnosis, repair and servicing.
- Carry out necessary quality control checks on outbound units.
- Maintain organisation of stock warehousing.
- Process goods in/out in accordance with company policy.
- Operate stock management systems and accurately accounting for changes in inventory.
- Liaise with customers professionally and effectively.
- Ability to work without supervision and proactively create your own workload.
- Develop & Use practical skills in the maintenance, repair, and diagnosis of small tools & standard components.
- Gain technical understanding of mechanical and electrical components and machinery.
- Practice, enhance & use skills in problem solving, quality control, and project management.
- Gain & Use experience in warehousing and fulfilment.
- Use & Learn stock management processes, ideally from a warehouse environment.
- The ability to take initiative.
- An organised and well structured attitude to work.
- Excellent time management.
You will have:
- A good knowledge of mechanical and electrical maintenance and repair.
- Some experience and knowledge of warehousing and its relevant processes and procedures.
- A desire to learn and develop in a service engineer role.
- Gained highly relevant experience in a very similar, varied role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and think logically in a busy environment.
What’s on offer?
- £25,000 – £35,000 depending on experience
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Lunch provided every day!
- An opportunity to grow your career and to develop with a successful, growing brand
If you have read this job description and would like to apply, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com. For more information, please call 01295 266288 and speak to Matt. I look forward to hearing from you!