- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
Our partner based just outside Banbury has an exciting opportunity to join its market-leading company in providing vital systems and data support. They now seek a Master Data Administrator to join their busy IT team.
It’s said that from humble acorns mighty oak grow and indeed our client, founded in 1962 by a Husband and Wife duo have transformed in to the largest and most successful firm of its kind in the UK today. As such, it is able to boast the most comprehensive industry data available and thus requires extra personnel to analyse and collate relevant information in order to improve sales and business systems and procedures and in turn maximise sales revenue.
The Master Data Administrator role will provide the foundations to build, develop and grow your data analysis career with a superb, caring and supportive company that continues to grow and improve. You will be given bespoke training to ensure you become an expert in your line of work and there is significant scope to progress within the company. You will gain invaluable knowledge of data analysis, database systems and company systems and procedures.
Working within the busy IT function, the Master Data Administrator is an entry-level role providing vital support for the Management Information and Master Data functions.
Through your role you will gain an all-round understanding of the business through a training programme encompassing all other departments/sites.
Who would we like to speak to?
We are looking for those longing to start a career in data analysis. You will already take a keen interest in data and statistical analysis and be a natural when it comes to facts and figures. You may have been drawn to mathematics, statistics and I.T at school or have a hobby or personal interest that relies on strengths in these areas.
A head for databases, and an understanding of associated coding might be an indicator of being well suited to such a career path.
- Highly numerical with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to apply a flexible approach to work duties and is a lateral thinker.
- Natural analytical skills with an ability to analyse data and problem solve.
- An ability to act on own initiative and work as part of a team.
- Possession of good written and verbal communication skills.
- An organised and logical approach to work.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential and understanding of Databases is also desirable.
- Previous experience of SAP would be an advantage.
- Good G.C.S.E grades in Maths & English will be essential.
Duties include (but not limited to)
- To support Management Information, gathering management information using SAP, Excel & Access software.
- Assisting in providing sales information and analysis for Sales Representatives for each subsidiary of the business.
- Support pricing for catalogue distribution, quotes database for Sales team and pricing support for sales team, key account managers and customer services across all companies.
- Assisting in the preparation of relevant finance information for the accounts department and the year end requirements.
- Assisting in the provision of information/data for the MD and management team to assist in strategic decisions.
- To assist in the maintenance of master date on SAP; for example, materials, pricing, pricing & forecasting.
- To assist with IT problem solving where required.
- Any other tasks required by the company.
You will be
- An organised individual with a logical approach to work.
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess good numerical skills.
- Possess good analytical skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Eager to learn and develop a career in data.
- Ambitious and flexible.
- Able to adapt.
- Someone who can multitask and work well under pressure.
- A competitive basic salary and benefits package – call me for details!
- 22 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 25.
- An attractive employer contributory pension scheme.
- Enrolment onto company private healthcare scheme after 1 year’s service
- A real opportunity to learn new skills, train and forge a desirable career path .
- Working hours are 8:30am – 5pm.
- Friendly, open organisation that nurtures staff.
If you have read this job description and would like to apply, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call 01295 266288 and speak to Matt. I can’t wait to speak to you and tell you why you should be applying for this job!