- Carla Campion
- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
Our client based in Banbury is looking for a Material Handler working 2pm-10pm Monday-Friday.
Overview of the Role:
To allocate correct material and masterbatch to the Company’s moulding machines and to reduce by continuous improvement the number of machine downtime.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all machines are supplied with the correct material and masterbatch.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed, with the correct identification of codes and batch numbers on all bins, hoppers, dryers and masterbatch units.
- Change masterbatch and material for setters when required. This will be controlled by the shift Supervisor.
- Ensure that dryers are topped up throughout the shift and prepared for scheduled jobs.
- Correctly identify all surplus material returned to stores on a shift by shift basis.
- Ensure that masterbatch bins on to be kept topped up.
- Ensure that material and masterbatch racks are kept free from material granules.
- Ensure that part full bins are used or cleaned out daily.
- Maintain and continuously improves upon housekeeping standards.
- Carry out any other duties, relevant to the post which may arise thus ensuring a comprehensive and flexible service to the business.
General Competencies Expected of all Staff:
- Communicate and work with colleagues in a friendly and constructive manner and carry out their duties conscientiously and with a proactive approach, to ensure that the standards required by the company, are met.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and rules that are issued by the company or your Manager.
- Be polite, courteous and professional in all contacts with our customers, visitors and other business partners.
- Be neat and tidy in appearance and comply with company’s dress regulations, where applicable.
- Maintain a tidy and safe work area and share the responsibility for Health and safety of our workplace. Observe all of our safety rules and procedures and use protective equipment wherever applicable.
- Look after the company’s property and facilities and promptly report any maintenance or security issues to your Manager.
Specific Skills & Experience:
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work under pressure to meet departmental deadlines.
- Adheres to all Manual Handling guidelines.
- Demonstrates an awareness of Health & Safety at work and takes responsibility for self and others.
- Understands numerical and verbal data.
- Basic computer skills.
- Previous goods in or despatch experience desirable.
- Flexibility to work shifts and overtime as required.
- Organised and self disciplined with regards to achieving targets, keeping area organised, good timekeeping and attendance.
If this is of interested please call us on 01295 266288 as soon as possible.