- 01295 266 288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
We are looking for an experienced charismatic individual to join our team as Night Duty Manager, who can confidently deliver exceptional service to guests. At the same time, our Night Duty Manager must ensure the utmost safety for our guests during the night.
- You will have a real pride and passion for what you do, bags of personality with the ability to build rapport and long term relationships with your colleagues & guests.
- Being a key part of the Team at Vanbrugh House Hotel & Splendid family, all our team members need to be able to commit to:
- Being the Best;
- Making Responsible Decisions;
- Keeping Promises;
- Treating others, the Way They Would Like to Be Treated;
- Continually Challenge Yourself and Each other.
You will report directly to the hotel’s senior management with key responsibilities including
- Providing first-class 24hrs Customer Service to guests
- Being the first point of contact to guests including reservations and check-ins,
- Responsible for the security of the hotel throughout the full night shift, completion of Security Walks necessary
- Handling guest enquiries and issues,
- Completion of all administrative work to required high standards
- Responsible for the completion of the Night Duty Procedures in line with full company policies
- Responsible for the completion of the End of Day procedures in line with the company requirements
- To fully comply and understand all Flow & Jedi System along with the SPM (Strategic performance Management) in line with company procedures
- To fully comply with all Health & Safety Regulations in line with company policies
- Provide a smooth and efficient handover, accurately reporting any incident
- To fulfil any required room service orders from the limited room service menu and beverage orders if/when requested
- Completing direct & in-direct reservation and booking enquiries
- Cash handling and credit/debit card payments
- Ordering newspapers as required and checking any planners which require task s completion during the shift
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Friendly and welcoming approaching
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment
- The ability to work as part of a team or alone
- Good administrative skills
- IT literacy – intermediate user knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook) and experience using internet portals.
- Experience using a Property Management System.
- Have a good command of written and spoken English
- Be eligible to work in the UK on a full-time basis
- Must be flexible to work on a rota basis
- Proven experience/education level
- Previous customer service experience in the hospitality industry is preferable
- Previous experience in Health & Safety, First Aid is preferable
To be successful the ideal Night Duty Manager will be well organised and detail orientated, as well as having a flexible approach and being able to adapt quickly to change. You should have proven customer service skills and the ability to anticipate guest needs, immaculate presentation, be punctual, reliable and professional with the ability to work happily, effectively and remain calm at all times.
If you have read this job description and would like to apply, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com.
If you have any more questions about the role, please call 01295 266288 and speak to Monika.
I look forward to hearing from you!