Quality Systems Supervisor
Mayday Professionals is proud to partner exclusively with Mettex in offering this fantastic opportunity to join the firm as their new Quality Systems Supervisor.
Established in 1973, Mettex manufactures electrical braids and connectors, servicing the Aerospace, Automotive, Renewable Energy and Transport sectors, and boasting an ever-growing number of blue chip clients.
Based very near to the beating heart of the company’s production line, the Quality Systems Supervisor will report to, and work closely with the Quality Manager to oversee continuous improvement of Mettex’s quality systems, ensuring correct documentation and procedures are followed by using your ability to people manage and supervise whilst working to tight deadlines.
The Quality Systems Supervisor will also play a vital role in handling customer quality issues by liaising with our Sales Team to satisfy Mettex’s customers needs.
Due to the industry-specific requirements of the company the successful Quality Systems Supervisor will already have experience in the following highly relevant areas:-
- Process Risk analysis training / certification.
- Problem solving, 8D, Sigma (DMAIC) trained.
- Process writing and validation.
- PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) and APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) trained.
- Knowledge of and ability to work to ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 / ISO 14001 with internal auditing knowledge.
- Gauge R & R (gage repeatability and reproducibility) knowledge
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
In addition to the above essential requirements, Mettex would also love to see some or all of the following desirable experiences:-
- LEAN manufacturing
- Knowledge of SIPOC (suppliers, inputs, process, outputs and customers)
- SPC (Statistical Process Control) knowledge and training.
- MSA (measured system analysis)
You will have:
- An enthusiastic and ambitious outlook on your career, and a desire to join a company that will allow you to thrive and develop.
- A minimum of 3 years’ Quality Systems experience garnered from a very similar manufacturing
- Particular experience and knowledge of the IATF 14969 standard.
- The intuition and self discipline to develop the role independently and work alone much of the time.
- A good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- A desire to share the company ethos of pride and passion at work whilst driving improvements in their quality systems.
What’s on offer?
- A competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- A yearly company profit-related bonus scheme, likely to be in excess of 2.5% in 2020.
- 25 holiday days plus Bank Holidays, rising to 28 after 5 years of service.
- Auto-enrolment employer contributory pension scheme.
You’ve got this far, you know what to do! Hit ‘Apply’ and be sure to include a personalised cover letter where possible, outlining why you are a perfect fit for this role, as well as your salary expectations.
To discuss the role in more detail, please call 01295 266288 and ask for Matt.
At Mayday Professionals we do everything we can to respond to each and every application. Sometimes it may not be possible to do so, however.
If you have not had a response within 48hrs of applying, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.