- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
Our established and successful Banbury partner requires a new Site Maintenance Engineer. Operating in a time-critical and heavily industrialised arena, our partner needs skilled, experienced Maintenance Engineers in order to keep the plant ship-shape. Are you up for the challenge?
The Site Maintenance Engineer will be part of a vital maintenance team of 8 site engineers offering around-the-clock repair and preventative works on all of the facility’s industrial machinery, minimising down time and maximising productivity and profit. Every second lost is big news in this highly competitive industry so the team’s ability to keep the plant running optimally is key to business performance.
Who would we like to speak to?
We are seeking experienced and motivated Maintenance Engineers with transferables gained from similar, fast-paced manufacturing environments.
Due to the nature of the business and the demand on the plant to run 24/7, you will be comfortable working long shifts, operating in a rolling shift pattern which periodically involve weekend work, and be equally comfortable working in confined spaces and at height as you are filling in maintenance schedule paperwork.
The role also requires the successful applicant to be able to work quickly and effectively in new, varied and challenging environments so someone who has prior experience, or can display an aptitude to work effectively in adverse conditions and under pressure will have an advantage in this role. We’re seeking someone who enjoys a challenge!
- Excellent English – both spoken and written.
- Good IT (MS Office) skills – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good level of mechanical and electrical engineering knowledge and experience.
- Academic qualifications and/or relevant apprenticeship to support the role (mechanical/electrical/control skills), with a control bias.
- Experience in a high speed/volume manufacturing or similar production-based environment
- Effective fault diagnosis skills and repair ability for all plant and equipment on site.
- A team player and can work effectively with other engineers on site.
Duties include (but not limited to)
- Ensuring all engineering activity both breakdown and maintenance, is carried out in a timely and effective manner.
- Possess the appropriate skills required to maintain and repair the equipment and plant on site, particularly fault diagnosis and control skills.
- Reviewing plant performance with the shift production team and ensuring that all equipment is working to the appropriate targets. Ensuring any engineering maintenance activity is carried out in line with production demands.
- Supporting the Site Engineering Manager in ad-hoc project work and tasks as required on site.
- To comply with all Company and legal standards when working (Health and Safety, hygiene, etc).
- To ensure effective fault diagnosis of any plant and equipment on site that is not operating to the required targets.
- To carry out repairs when needed and preventative maintenance activity as instructed.
- Ensuring standards are maintained for all work carried out and appropriate records completed and signed-off.
- Carry out repairs effectively and efficiently with minimal disruption to operational running. Escalate to the General Manager and Site Engineering Manager as required.
- Ensuring that all expected standards are maintained (eg, Health and Safety, engineering standards, uniform, PPE, behaviour, etc).
- Responsibility for maintaining the appropriate standards of housekeeping and hygiene in their work area.
- Understands the KPI’s for production and focuses on delivering engineering support to the site team that ensures production levels are maintained.
- Ensuring all equipment operates to the required outputs through effective execution of repair and preventative maintenance activity.
- Ensuring effective use of inventory and spares. Liaises with the Site Engineering Manager on any potential issues.
- Involvement with continuous improvement activity and lean initiatives as required.
- Enjoy working in a busy an demanding environment
- Relish working as part of a well-oiled maintenance engineering team
- Be happy working 12 hour shifts in a rolling pattern (4 days on, 4 days off – 06:00-18:00 and 18:00-06:00).
What’s on offer?
- A basic salary of over £36,000 with additional overtime available.
- A company contributory pension scheme.
- A real opportunity to develop and grow in a large, successful industry leader.
- A brilliant collaborative company ethos that focuses on success through teamwork.
If you have read this job description and would like to apply, please send an up to date technical CV to email@example.com. For more information, please call 01295 266288 and speak to Matt. I can’t wait to speak to you and for you to tell me why I should be putting you forward for this role!