- Gionis Profka
Contact Mayday about this job today!
Our client based in South Warwickshire, an established family business supplying Garage Equipment, with an innovative approach, Strongman Tools are seeking an experienced Garage Equipment engineer to join their team.
Whilst the job is currently very much hands on, this could suit someone interested in getting involved with the organising and supervising side of things.
The main duties will include:
– Attending customer sites to carry out installations, maintenance and repairs on a range of hydraulic vehicle lifts and associated garage equipment
– Working to ensure that the product is installed to customer specification
-Telephone technical customer support
– Travelling to customer sites occasionally staying overnight away from home – from time to time,
– Completing and returning all service documentation
– Ensuring the upkeep of tools, van and stores.
– Ensure company equipment is fit for purpose, including service plans, maintenance and repairs are carried out to the highest standards while observing manufactures guidelines.
– Ordering & collection of parts as necessary to complete installations, repair or service requirements.
– Ensure stock is maintained and regularly audited.
– Paperwork completed to customer/company requirements.
– Ensure that documentation & manuals necessary to fulfil the role are current & available at all times.
– Support colleagues where necessary, ensuring a high level of service & support is maintained.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working within vehicle lift installation, or similar mechanical engineering background. In house and onsite training will be given.
- be well organised and must be able to work without supervision, to a high standard, with good communication skills
- Knowledge of hydraulic principles, mechanical knowledge and possible electrical knowledge
- Work well in within a team, taking decisions
- be able to solve & resolve issues the job throws up with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Support colleagues where necessary, ensuring a high level of service & support is maintained at all times.
- A polite, professional, customer focused manner when speaking directly to the end user/ clients
- A full clean or low points driving licence
- Professional and presentable at all times
- Understanding of Health and Safety, especially on customer sites