- Mayday Team
Contact Mayday about this job today!
To fully support the Warehouse and Logistics Team Leader, by maintaining all supply chain procedures, from coordinating deliveries to managing transport documentation, ensuring our customers receive the right orders on time and in full.
- Calm under pressure
- Strong organisational and time management skills, working to deadlines
- Efficient in all areas of your work
- Able to work at a fast pace
- Able to prioritise workload
- Adaptable to changing demands
- Able to work as part of a team and on your own
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills
- Experienced Counterbalance Forklift Driver
- Visually check all finished goods and packaging, to ensure acceptable, prior to stacking finished goods away into the correct locations.
- Transport all products, including packaging and stock, between production and the warehouse. Allocate and store them to the correct locations, in line with the storage standards required and book in all finished goods using the scanners.
- Ensure all stock is rotated and FIFO is followed. Always check labels for dates, to ensure oldest stock is always sent first when loading.
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing deliveries are loaded within the specified timescale, as stated on the warehouse despatch sheet.
- Load and unload deliveries, as requested by the Warehouse Team Leader / Charge Hand.
- Ensure all paperwork for incoming and outgoing deliveries is signed for, and completed in line with procedure, and placed in the appropriate location.
- All finished goods are to be scanned out when loading.
- Record and report any missing labels or labelling issues to your charge hand or Team Leader.
- Demonstrate flexibility at all times, in response to business needs and customer demand. This may include the need for overtime or a change to your working hours.
- Housekeeping is to be done every shift within all areas of the warehouses and the yard areas.
- Never leave any area untidy for the next shift; you should leave everything as you would like to receive it.
- During quiet periods always concentrate on housekeeping by sweeping up or litter picking in the yard areas.
Health & Safety:
- It is essential you always wear your PPE, as required within your role and ensure that H&S remains your top priority.
- Follow the safe working practices within your working areas at all times, including whilst operating a forklift truck.
You will work a 2 shift rotating pattern initially as follows:
Week 1: Monday-Friday, 6am-2pm
Week 2: Monday-Friday, 2pm-10pm.
However this pattern may change in line with business needs, within the working hours of 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am.