- Mayday Team
- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
To work as a Production Operative in the Blend Department where the main activities include weighing up, mixing, packing, stacking and material handling.
To understand the critical control points identified through HACCP and ensure that they are in operation at all times.
To report any issues observed relating to quality, safety, sanitation, machinery or throughput to the Department Manager.
- Ensure product is manufactured to the required specification and that product packaging and labelling is correct, adhering to Corporate Quality Standards and ensuring that a high level of quality is maintained through all production processes
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensure all relevant records are added onto the computer in a timely manner
- To assist in the review and update (where necessary) of all work instructions and procedures when required
- Ensure that the work area is clean at all times, adhering to Corporate Sanitation Standards and ensuring that the department is operating to the highest standards of hygiene
Health & Safety
- Ensure that all tasks are conducted safely, adhering to NWF Health & Safety Regulations working in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures. Report any hazard to your shift or department manager
- To ensure annual stock takes are carried out accurately
- To undertake training and to assist in training other or new members of staff as required
- To work at all times in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- To undertake such other duties as may be required within the general scope of the job
- Basic food hygiene qualification (desirable)
Personal Attributes Based on Job Description:
Experience / Knowledge / Skills Essential:
- Literate and numerate
- Reliable and methodical
- Calm under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well individually
- Ability to understand and adhere to company procedures and health and safety regulations.
- NWF Banbury Values:
- “Collaboration” Be One Team
- “Flexibility” Be Adaptable and Proactive
- “Inspiration” Be A Role Model
- “Integrity” Do The Right Thing (First Time, Every Time)
- “Efficiency” Eliminate All Kinds of Waste (Time & Materials)
- “Responsibility” Take Ownership and Accountability
Experience / Knowledge / Skills Desirable:
- Previous food factory experience, preferably FMCG
- Basic Health & Safety and Basic Food Hygiene qualifications
- Reach truck licence
- Current PPT license