- Duncan Cooper
- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
Attention part time Finance Assistants! Yes, a part-time role in Banbury with flexibility around hours and a decent salary. Hurry up because I need to fill this role within 3 weeks. (Full day on Fridays – all other hours are negotiable).
My new client is a firm of Solicitors in Banbury town centre. They are unashamedly traditional in their presentation. Hence this role would suit someone who reflects this in the way they present themselves. Their offices are very attractive, situated within a listed building in Banbury town centre. The environment oozes class. If you’re looking for a google-like, ultra-modern environment with air hockey tables and free coffee machines this is not it. On the flip side, if you appreciate period features and great town centre views, this environment is going to be right up your street.
The firm has been established for 50 years! Moreover, the two partners have been in business together for the majority of that time. Therefore, it’s fair to say that you would be joining a cornerstone of the legal market within the region. The firm itself is a general practice which has major strengths within Conveyancing, Wills & Probate and Civil Litigation. They do cover all areas of law inc commercial.
The Finance Assistant provides co-ordinated and comprehensive financial support throughout the business with its core focus assisting the Conveyancing Department.
The role holder works collaboratively with team members to provide a high quality and efficient finance service to support the business’s overall aim to improve accounts functionality.
The role holder will work together with the Senior Finance Assistant to establish objectives and take responsibility for managing a workload, organising and prioritising work to meet financial deadlines.
- Running office bank account reconciliation to current ledgers, identifying differences, prepare reports accordingly
- Running client bank account reconciliation to current ledgers
- Adding interest payments from live bank statements onto deposit account ledgers
- Running deposit bank account reconciliation to current updated ledgers
- Making sure all sales invoices are added onto the accountancy software (ALB)
- Liaise with Accountant to set the monthly payroll listing
- Set up salaries BACS runs
- Monthly petty cash reconciliation
- Monthly VAT reconciliation
- Running financial month end, prepare reports accordingly and distribute to partners
- Running monthly pension contributions and pay to pension provider
- Mastercard management on nominal ledger
- PAYE and NI on nominal ledger
- Checking Government Gateway website
- Quote management for office supplies etc
Again, I will reiterate that I must fill this position quickly so please apply within immediately for a prompt response.