We love working exclusively with our favourite partners, and Laser Lines fit the bill perfectly! We’re proud to have been approached again and tasked with finding Laser Lines’ next talented and knowledgeable Technical Support Engineer to join its field support function, providing vital technical support for the highly successful 3D printing arm of the business and its customers.
The new Technical Support Engineer will be offered comprehensive industry-leading product training in order to acquire the outstanding product knowledge required to keep Laser Lines’ 3D printing customers in action at all times. No two days will be the same and the role will be extremely attractive to someone who enjoys travelling and providing expert technical customer support on-site in one of hundreds of destinations throughout the UK and Ireland!
Because of the considerable scope for travel, the Technical Support Engineers are required to undertake occasional overnight stays as required which will be paid for by the company. On beginning your new role you will be required to attend supplier training courses in Europe and/or America to become an industry certified service engineer; enabling you to officially be able to work in confidence on the complex and incredible 3D printers.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will need to fully understand our partner’s customer’s requirements and expectations to ensure any work is planned and executed within the Company’s guidelines and in doing so representing the company in a professional and friendly manner. You’ll be at ease communicating proactively with customers to inform them of your arrival plans.
Who would we like to speak to?
We are seeking engineers from either an educational or vocational background who are seeking a new industry to apply their considerable skill, knowledge, and ability to redirect their talents. With so much travel a fundamental part of this role, I want to hear from people who enjoy variation, seeing new places and don’t mind spending a disproportionate amount of their working life on the UK’s motorway network!
The role also requires the successful applicant to be able to work quickly and effectively in new, varied and unfamiliar environments so someone who has prior experience, or can display an ability to work alone and under pressure will have an advantage in this role.
- You have qualifications and knowledge from a broad engineering spectrum, but will include mechanical and electrical engineering.
- A prior knowledge of 3D printers and associated industry and products will be highly desirable.
- Possession of core engineering qualities and values with excellent adaptability to new skills.
- A fast leaner with the desire to apply your intelligence in a new field.
- Experience or interest in fulfilling a field based role.
Duties include (but not limited to)
- Visiting customers (UK and Ireland) and ensuring the best possible service
- Understanding the requirements prior to your visit and ensuring you have relevant parts to carry out required works.
- To ensure that every effort is made to complete your visit in a timely manner
- Complete engineer’s reports and SAP database after every job.
You will be
- Seeking a new arena to put your engineering acumen to expert use.
- Ambitious and flexible.
- Happy spending work time alone and on the road.
- Travelling a large area providing expert technical support to commercial customers
- Eager to learn a new industry and products.
What’s on offer?
- A basic salary of up to £32,000 with company bonus scheme.
- A fully expensed company car, laptop and mobile telephone are included in this role.
- A generous company contributory pension scheme.
- A real opportunity to learn a new and expanding industry with great career prospects.
- Working hours of Mon-Fri, 08:30-17:00.
If you have read this job description and would like to apply, please send an up to date technical CV to email@example.com. For more information, please call 01295 266288 and speak to Matt. I can’t wait to speak to you and for you to tell me why I should be putting you forward for this role!