- The Mayday Team
- 01295 266288
Contact Mayday about this job today!
- Pay rate; £10.00 per hour, plus £50 weekly attendance bonus
- Staff discount across both their brands
- Working hours; 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm rotating
What the job is…
As a Warehouse Operative, you will work within the Operations department to fulfil customer orders to meet the highest standards of quality and presentation they always provide. You will report to the Customer Fulfilment Shift Supervisor and on a day-to-day basis to your assigned team leader. Your role is essential to meeting and exceeding the expectations of their customers and you will work on a variety of tasks within operations to achieve this. Your role will incorporate all aspects of Operations, including picking and packing, quality control, house accounts (VIP), dispatch, stock management (including replenishment) and personalisation.
You will be based at their Warehouse’s in Banbury. They need someone who is ideally fully flexible as you will be working a range of shift patterns to meet the needs of the business. There may be the opportunity to go permanent after a temporary period based on performance.
About the company…
They’re a family-run, entrepreneurial company with an exciting pace of life and a bright and friendly team. They are passionate about creating stunning products with a personal touch and innovating their business behind the scenes. They value creativity, collaboration and integrity.
- Quality checking their products to meet set standards
- Ensuring all products are scanned and packed in line with customer specifics
- Achieving required output targets to ensure products are available for dispatch on time
- Achieving quality and time targets set on a daily basis
- Working as part of a team as well as individually
- Carrying out light administrative tasks as and when required
- Assisting with the unloading/labelling of incoming containers
- Getting involved in other areas of our Operations warehouse team, picking, packing and quality checking orders for our customers as well as stock flow
- Performing any reasonable requests asked of you by your team leader or a member of the management team
- Being flexible to meet the needs of the business
- A positive, hardworking, and conscientious attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fantastic people skills, ability to work well in a team and on an individual basis
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Numeracy skills
- Can quickly adapt to new tasks and ways of working, and share your thoughts on how we can operate more efficiently
- Ability to follow instructions as well as use own initiative to meet company goals and targets
- Can perform manual handling tasks including lifting boxes (weights within HSE guidelines), pushing/pulling pallet trucks and standing for long periods of time
- Ensure you follow all Health & Safety procedures within the workplace and raise any concerns / risks observed immediately to your team leader or line manager